2 sticks unsalted butter
8 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
2 cups sugar
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1/3 cup sweet rice or brown rice flour
1/3 cup almond flour (or any finely ground nut flour or tapioca starch)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa or Hershey’s cocoa
1 cup additional chocolate chips or other chip, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray metal 9″ by 13″ baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave or over a double boiler, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
3. Beat the eggs in a mixer until pale yellow. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until mixed well. Add the slightly cooled melted chocolate/butter mixture and beat until incorporated. Add all of the remaining ingredients, mixing as you do.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. They will remain somewhat fudgy in they middle.
5. Cool, slice, and eat in moderation.
Original recipe from Jo Tomlinson, received at a Hyvee cooking class.