2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 extra large egg
1 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 to 2/3 cup warm water
1. In a food processor or mixer, combine all ingredients; except water, and blend together until well blended. Let it go for a couple of minutes to activate xanthan gum.
2. After blending, add the water in a slow steady stream until the dough comes together into a ball. A stiff ball, play dough like consistency.
3. Divide the dough into 4 balls, and roll between plastic wrap or parchment paper to 1/8″ thickness (about the thickness of a nickel). Don’t roll too thin or pasta will fall apart, but left toot thick, it will be gummy.
4. Create whatever pasta shape you desire, noodles, lasagna noodles, even ravioli!
5. Cook pasta in boiling, well salted water. Cook in thirds for 8-12 minutes for each third of the batch. (Note: this pasta can also be used un-boiled in lasagna. Just layer in uncooked pasta with sauce and cheese and bake covered for the first 30-45 minutes, and then uncovered for approximately 15 minutes.)
Recipe from a Hyvee cooking class, Karen Hanson